Unique. Enhanced. In person
Gain real world contemporary practical knowledge in the assessment of sleep and sleep disorders, treatment of sleep disordered breathing, and discuss cases with renowned industry experts.
Through a series of practical workshops, panel discussions, and interactive activities, the theoretical knowledge gained in the online course will be applied to case studies, sleep study recording and analysis, CPAP usage and NIV treatment.
Running for more than 30 years, this eminent course is the oldest sleep medicine course in Australia, founded by Prof Colin Sullivan in the 1980s.
Designed for those who are relatively new to sleep medicine, or those who would like an update in the latest clinical practice, this two-day face to face course focuses on the practicalities of Sleep Medicine.
This course has previously been granted 13.5 Continuing Education Credits for those with the RPSGT qualification, by the Australian & New Zealand Sleep Science Association and application for these will be made in due course.
- PSG demonstrations
- Sleep staging and arousal scoring
- Diagnosis & Treatment of sleep disordered breathing
- CPAP tutorials
- NIV tutorials
- Diagnosis & Treatment of non-respiratory sleep disorders.
- Gain a practical understanding of how sleep studies are acquired and analysed
- Explain techniques to determine settings and interfaces of PAP therapy
- Recognise the clinical presentation of common sleep disorders and identify potential treatments
- Develop critical analysis skills relevant to sleep medicine.
Course delivery method
The 2 day course will include a series of practical workshops, panel discussions, and interactive activities.
Participants must have completed the 6 week online Sleep Medicine - Fundamentals course and completed at least Modules 1 - 6.
Additional Course Information
For terms and conditions, please view here